Monday, January 19, 2015

Little Happies- Adoption Approved (Again)

Even though Stephanie is busy doing awesome new things and not hosting Little Happies at the moment, I just couldn't think of a better title for this blog post, and since it is Monday, and I wanted to share this news that makes me very, very happy, Little Happies just seems appropriate.   So here it is...

--one-- (and only one)

We are home study-approved and back in the waiting pool to adopt! 

It's all I ever really wanted for Christmas, actually.  That is, to have our home study completed by year's end, and by God's grace (and a lot of paperwork!), it happened.   Our home study was officially signed by our adoption agency on December 18.   Our profiles are finished and have been sent out to a couple of agencies plus our adoption consultant.  We will probably send out a few more packages to some other agencies, and then we wait.   And pray.  Always praying.

During the years when we were waiting to adopt the first time, I only prayed for "a baby", but when that baby finally did come, I knew that he was "the baby" meant for us.   I knew it in my heart the moment I met his birthmother (and she knew it as well), the moment I first held him a few hours after his birth, and I have known it every moment that he has been in my life.  It has not all been easy, but it has all been meant to be.  God's timing is always perfect.

So, as we wait again, we try not to dwell on how much time has passed since we first felt the desire to adopt again.  It has been too long and it has been hard.  But none of that matters anymore.   The only thing that matters now is that we are still waiting.   The calling is still there and we have done what we can to answer it.  Now, it is God's turn.


Happily waiting for our answer.



2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Woo HOO!!! Praying for a match SOON! Also, I like the family picture, they are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Many prayers! Hope you get matched soon.

    ReplyDelete