Sunday, November 1, 2015

Venus, Mars, and So Many Stars: What God’s Creation Teaches My Children

Happy All Saints' Day!

I would like to share with you this post that I wrote for the folks at Peanut Butter & Grace.  

***

Most mornings, just before sunrise, my two young boys have made a habit of crawling into bed with me after they hear their daddy leave for work.  One of each side of me, they call it their “cuddle time” and I admit, it is my favorite part of our day.  One chilly morning last September was no different.  However, that morning, instead of flopping over onto his belly as usual and falling back to sleep, my five-year old sat straight up, looked out the bedroom window, and asked, “Why is that star so bright?” His younger brother, never one to be left out, immediately responded by also sitting bolt upright in the bed, and I began to realize that my good night’s sleep was over.  Slowly opening my eyes, I squinted out our east-facing window and sure enough, there was something very bright shining through the maple leaves, high above the horizon.   I groggily sat up and clumsily reached for my glasses.  It was certainly something celestial, and it was certainly something we’d never before noticed outside our bedroom window. {Read more...}

2 comments:

  1. We, too, have been enjoying the early morning planets. Jupiter is nestled in among the group as well. It's amazing where you see beauty when you both look for it and are open to it. It as near as your wildflowers, as far as the planets and everywhere in between. Your boys are blessed to have a mom that takes the time to show them all these treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...as near as your wildflowers, as far as the planets and everywhere in between." Love that! Thank you for a beautiful comment.

    ReplyDelete