Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A Feast of St. Dominic Update

Happy Feast of St. Dominic!

It's been a while...

Lots going on, too much really.  When you're too busy to blog, you're too busy, right?

Anyhow, I will get back to it, I hope!  I almost have Dominic's birth/adoption story finished and plan to have it up on the blog for his birthday.  But in honor of his patron saint's feast day today, I thought it might be fun to share a recent photo of our newest member.



It was a year ago this week that we set out on our thousand mile journey to Texas in anticipation of his birth.  I was so riddled with anxiety and concern and just thinking about it all again brings back so many memories.  Little did we know we'd be gone for 34 days!  So many miles, so many nights in hotels, so much apprehension.  It was both the best and the worst month of my life.  But of course, he was totally worth it all.  And in retrospect, we can see that God was with us every step of the way.

He's such a great little baby, soon to be toddler.  I can't believe how fast this first year has gone by.  Knowing he is my last (most likely), I want to hang onto every little moment.  But he is not having any of that and wants to walk and be able to do everything his big brothers can do!  They already get into squabbles over toys and he eats almost as much as they do.  I'm not sure how I'm going to keep up with it all, but just like the journey to reach him, we will take it day-by-day, and before I know it, all will be hindsight. God has been very good to us this past year, and I thank him and the intercession of many saints, especially St. Dominic, for it all.

St. Dominic, pray for us.


1 comment:

  1. Happy feast day, Dominic!

    Oh, is he glorious! I look forward to reading his birth/adoption story.

    ReplyDelete