We got a call today that a potential buyer accepted the offer on our house in Missouri. Given the housing market today, I know this is good news. Our house was on the market for less than a month, and during that time, we got two offers. This latest one is about what we'd hoped for, and to sell a house in less than a month in rural Missouri makes us pretty lucky, I know.
Once we sign the contract and close on the deal, our ability to adopt closes too. Sure, we could start the process over again in our new state but as many of you know, going through the home study process is lengthy, time-consuming, not to mention, expensive. And then there is our age...mid-forties now. We've already been approved and waiting for over a year. So, yeah, we aren't exactly gung-ho on starting all over.
I am trying to put this all in God's hands. It's not easy. We really wanted that adopted baby we thought we were going to have. I wanted the boys to have a sibling that wasn't their age. I wanted Joah to have an adopted sibling, in particular, so that they could share in that. I hoped for a little girl, but a little boy would've been perfectly fine too. He'd have had some great big brothers to follow around!
Anyway, we have 24 hours to sign the papers. It would be foolish not to. We can't keep waiting for something that may never happen. I just wish that infertility didn't filter into every decision, every aspect of our lives, even when it comes to buying and selling a home, but it does. I should be used to that by now, I suppose.
God runs the show, But sometimes I still get surprised by the story line.
UPDATE 5/6/14: We found out today that the contract on selling our home fell through, no fault of ours. The sale was contingent upon the buyer selling their previous home and things fell apart on that end. So, we are back where we started...a house on the market which is the bad news, but we are still in the adoption pool until it does sell, which is the good news. Please, God, let this be a blessing in disguise.